This week I'm trying to save some $$ by avoiding the grocery store. This had me pantry surfing last night. What did I find? Chocolate chips, canned pumpkin and oats. The trifecta.
One of my favorite sites for all things healthy desserts and oatmeal is ChocolateCoveredKatie.com.
I found this recipe inspiration here:
You Will Need:
- 1/2 c. milk of choice (I used coconut milk)
- 1/2 c. water or more milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. rolled oats
- 1/4 c. canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- sweetener as desired
- 1/4 c. chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- cinnamon! Mix some in, and sprinkle more on top
Combine all ingredients on the stove top and bring to a boil. Stir over medium heat until desired thickness. You could pop this in the microwave depending on your oats.
I quadrupled the recipe so as not to use a partial can of pumpkin and froze or refrigerated the rest.
The big question...
Are you a pumpkin fan??